Monday, April 18, 2016

Top 5 Fantasy Heroes - #5

This week I want to highlight my favorite fantasy heroes, one per day.  Without further ado, I give you number 5 on the list:

#5 Jon Snow

The Song of Fire and Ice has many fascinating viewpoint characters, but very few that could be called "heroes" in the traditional fantasy sense. Ned Stark had heroic qualities, but a lack of flexibility and ingenuity limited his ability to shape the course of events. Jon Snow, on the other hand, shows resourcefulness at all turns, rolling with whatever comes to him and usually coming out ahead. He is one of the few characters in the series who is more concerned about protecting those weaker than him than promoting himself. What will be his fate? Like everyone else, I'm waiting to see what the next book will bring but I'm hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment